Our Marinas in Kirkwall, Stromness and Westray will re-open to visitors on 1st May. We look forward to welcoming visitors to our Islands!
Orkney Marinas Visitor Guide 2021
Our marinas in Kirkwall, Stromness and Westray are currently open and we are glad to provide a warm welcome to visitors. Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, we ask that you read this guide fully before your arrival.
All Marina users will be expected to adhere to Government guidelines on restricting the spread of COVID-19.
Before You Arrive
• Please contact the Marina office on 01856 871313 or by email, email@example.com to book your stay in advance.
• The Scottish Government are encouraging everyone visiting our Islands to take two coronavirus tests before they travel. https://www.orkney.com/news/lateral-flow-tests
When You Arrive
• Please read all signage displayed both outside and inside the marina gate.
• There is hand sanitiser inside the gate house. Please use it frequently while at the marina.
• Red diesel is available in Kirkwall and Stromness by appointment only. Please call or email the office in advance to arrange.
• Only one person (or members of the same crew) allowed on the gangway bridge at any one time. Those walking up the gangway, towards the gate house should be given priority. Please stand 2 metres away from the gatehouse at the top and allow people coming up the bridge to pass safely.
• Pontoons should be accessed using a give-way system; you must allow people to complete a full journey along main pontoons.
• Whilst trollies will be available, we recommend that marina users avoid using them where possible and if needed please bring products to disinfect them before and after each use.
Toilets / Showers
• At Kirkwall Marina, only one person (or one crew) is permitted to use the toilet / shower facilities at any one time.
• Toilet/shower facilities are being cleaned regularly but this does not guarantee that they are COVID-19 free. Please use the cleaning products provided to clean before and after use.
• Toilet facilities at Stromness and Westray Marinas are owned by the local authority. Please comply with any guidance on signage there.
Sailing Around Our Islands
• When using Local Authority piers or visitor moorings around our Islands, please #respectthedestination and adhere to all COVID-19 safety measures (FACTS)
• There is limited space available at Westray Marina, please contact us in advance of your arrival to ensure a berth.
If You Develop COVID-19 Symptoms
• If you develop COVID-19 symptoms during your stay, please self-isolate on your boat immediately and follow all current Government guidance on booking a test and obtaining the appropriate medical assistance.
• Please inform Marina staff as soon as possible either by telephone or email so that we can ensure your safety and the safety of other Marina users.
Meantime, if you need any more information, please call 01856 871313 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can download a copy of this Visitors' Guide.