Terms & Conditions
Orkney Marinas Limited (OML) operates all the marina berthing facilities in Orkney. Our three marinas are all situated within harbours under the jurisdiction of the Orkney Islands Harbour Authority and are subject to the overall regulatory control of the Harbourmaster.
Marina berthing fees are inclusive of harbour dues which therefore allow a visiting boat to tie up at any Orkney Islands Council harbour authority pier or mooring throughout Orkney, subject always to availability and under the direction of the local piermaster. This means that a visitor may typically buy one ‘ticket’ which will facilitate cruising throughout the whole archipelago, allowing berthing at any of the three marinas plus tying up at any OIC pier or mooring without further payment.
Marina berths may be booked through our website email link or by telephone or on arrival. We strongly recommend that you reserve your berth in advance; we will always endeavour to be helpful with early or late arrival due to weather or adverse conditions en-route to us.
If over 12 metres, on first arrival, contact Orkney VTS on VHF 11. For entry to the Harbour, call the Harbour Master 0700-1900 on VHF 14. He will advise any ship movements etc.
Head straight to the Marina. Please use an arrivals berth on the outside of the marina unless you have already been advised to do otherwise by a member of marina staff. Our staff will come to you during their working hours.
We can accommodate vessels up to 20 metres overall length but have limited berthing for boats of this size – please call to check availability before trying to berth. Depths vary - call ahead if in doubt, OML does not accept responsibility for your seamanship.
To check availability and to reserve your next marina berth as you cruise round Orkney simply telephone admin on 01856 871313 or visit www.orkneymarinas.co.uk to email. Marina staff are contactable directly by mobile.
Marina staff telephone numbers:
Kirkwall: 07810 465835
Stromness: 07483 366655
Westray: 07300 806911
1. Marina berths remain the property of OML at all times. The physical layout of every Marina and the varying needs and obligations of the Company and its customers requires that the Company retains absolute control of Berth allocation within the Marina. Accordingly, the Owner shall not be entitled to the exclusive use of any particular berth but shall use such berth as is from time to time allocated to him by the Company.
2. One day’s berthing is from 1200 hours until 1200 hours the following day.
3. The maximum size of vessel which may berth is 20 metres overall length. OML have absolute discretion on whether or not a boat may berth at the marina.
4. All boats using marina berths must maintain, in force at all times, valid third party insurance cover of at least £1 Million. Berth users will be charged the full cost of repairs resulting from any damage they cause to or in the marina. Evidence of insurance cover may be required to be produced at any time during the occupancy thereof.
5. Marina facilities may not be used for any commercial activity without the prior written consent of OML.
6. Berthing tickets shall not be automatically renewed but will end at the date specified on the berthing ticket if not terminated sooner by OML or the visitor.
Berthing fees and other charges
7. Berthing fees are payable in advance and include VAT at standard rate.
8. Berthing charges are per metre, for the overall length of the space occupied by the vessel including any fore and aft projections, temporary or permanent. OML reserves the right to independently measure the actual overall length of vessels.
9. OML shall exhibit the current tariffs at the Marinas and on their website.
10. Discounted tickets are only available where payment is made in advance. All other fees shall be charged at the daily tariff rate until payment.
11. Where any fees or costs due to OML remain unpaid for a period of 14 days, OML reserves the right to remove the Vessel from the pontoon to the Public pier; OML also reserves the right to claim any costs incurred including loss of fees by them as a result from the visitor.
12. Any vessel berthed without a valid ticket is berthed without authorisation and without OML’s agreement. OML shall not be responsible for any loss or damage sustained either at the berth or due to its removal. OML owes no duty of care to the Owner on removal of the vessel.
13. Interest shall be charged on any out-standing sums due to OML at 2 per cent per month until payment.
14. Electricity is included in the ticket price except for long term or winter berthing on a metered basis. Drinking water is free of charge but OML reserves the right to charge for other use of water.
General Operations and Behaviour
15. The users of the marina facilities will at all times navigate with due regard to other users, at a safe speed and not exceeding any limits set by OML or the Harbour Master.
16. It is the responsibility of berth users to ensure adequate mooring of their vessels at all times. No metal fittings or chains are to be attached to the marina. All short lines should include snubbers or mooring compensators. Vessels must be moored with bow and stern springs in addition to bow and stern lines. Marina repair costs resulting from failure to moor adequately will be charged to the berth user. This responsibility extends to rigging upwind lines to prevent damage to berthing fingers by excessive side wind-age during extreme conditions.
17. The access gangways, pontoons and mooring fingers are to be kept clear of obstructions. Mooring lines must be laid in a seamanlike manner and must not create trip hazards. During summer months mooring lines must not be laid across the pontoons. OML staff are empowered to remove any such obstructions and recover costs.
18. No gutting of fish, and no over-side dumping of any material including refuse, oil, offal, etc, shall be carried out within the Marina. Due regard to the environment will be expected from all users at all times. Whilst berthed in the marina on-board toilets may only be used if fitted with holding tanks. Shore amenities must be used where possible.
19. There will be zero tolerance of threats, intimidation or other forms of bullying directed at staff, volunteers or other Marina users; should this occur, the berthing ticket will be terminated and the visitor will be required to leave. (See clause 27)
20. Maintenance of vessels while berthed in the marina is restricted to minor work. No processes are permitted which produce noise, dust, smoke, sparks or any waste effluent into the environment or which cause adverse effect to the environment or other marina or harbour users.
21. Pollution incidents may be attended to by the Harbour Authority and the cost of clean-up will be borne by the polluter.
22. No modifications shall be carried out to berths or fendering.
23. Security Gates are to be kept locked at all times to prevent unauthorised access. OML is not liable for loss or damage to any vessel.
24. It shall be for the discretion of OML and/or the Harbour Master to limit the degree of noise within the Marina complex, which will include limiting noise from rigging and other static or mechanical attachments. The Harbour Master retains the right to regulate anti-social behaviour within the Marina complex if the Harbour Master deems such behaviour to be at odds with other harbour users, including other marina users.
25. All persons using any part of the Marina property for whatever purpose do so at their own risk. OML will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss of any kind in contract, tort or otherwise arising out of your use of this Site or any of the marina products or services booked or purchased on the site. Where OML is liable for direct loss this will be limited to a maximum of the total price of the products or services in respect of which a claim is made (save for the case of death or personal injury in respect of which there is no limit).
26. OML reserves the right to change or update the Terms and Conditions relating to use of the Marinas and the website from time to time without prior notice to Users. The current version of the Terms and Conditions will be displayed within the website from the date on which any changes come into effect. Continued use of the Marinas and the website following any changes to the Terms and Conditions shall constitute your acceptance of such changes.
27. All users of berths are deemed to have accepted the above conditions.
28. OML retains the right to exclude any boat/owner from the marina facilities if they deem that the boat/owner has contravened any of the existing harbour byelaws and any special orders the Harbour Master may give.
Information on the Site
Orkney Marinas Limited (OML) offers all of the general information on the website for purposes of guidance only. Please note that the published information may change at any time. OML does not guarantee that the information is always up to date and it is your responsibility to ensure that you understand and comply with all relevant passport, visa, and vaccination requirements. OML does not guarantee that information on the website (including without limitation prices, descriptions or dates) is free from errors or omissions but we will use all reasonable endeavours to correct any errors or omissions as soon as practicable once they have been brought to our attention.